Archives & Special Collections has digitized several hundred volumes relating to the history of Columbia's schools of dentistry, medicine, nursing, pharmacy, public health, and tropical medicine, as well as to its programs in physical and occupational therapy and in psychoanalysis. These include annual reports, course catalogs, yearbooks, alumni magazines, and historical works.
In addition, digitized works relating to Columbia's affiliated hospitals are available including those of Babies Hospital (now Children's Hospital), Neurological Institute of NY, New York Orthopedic Hospital, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Presbyterian Hospital, Sloane Hospital for Women, and Vanderbilt Clinic.
The Stethoscope: News of the Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center was a monthly newsletter usually of four to six pages published by Presbyterian Hospital from 1946 to 1988. It is a valuable source of information on the history of the Medical Center.
Much of this material was digitized through generous grants from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, METRO, and the National Endowment for the Humanities.
To access the material, click on the links below.