Records created or acquired by the Columbia University-Presbyterian Hospital School of Nursing Alumni Association, Inc. Included are correspondence and subject files; by-laws and other legal documents; minutes; pension fund records; ephemera; scrapbooks; and artifacts.
Included are annual meeting and directors’ minutes and material relating to by-laws and their amendments; name changes; and incorporation. There is one volume of minutes of both annual and quarterly meetings, 1920-1955; 7 boxes of minutes of the Executive Committee and its successor, the Board of Directors, 1923-2011; and 31.3 MB of digital minutes from 2007-2015.
Historical materials include a copy of Dr. William H. Draper’s address to the School’s first graduating class in 1894; transcripts of radio talks given by the school’s founder, Anna C. Maxwell, and her successor as Dean, Helen Young; and records relating to the pension and distributing funds. Artifacts include dinnerware, nursing instruments, and dolls.
A later addition was added as a sixth series. This material generally continues that found in the previous series, containing annual reports, by-laws, reunion booklets, along with photographic prints of students and alumni from reunions and other events. Of note are oral histories for three alumni, both digital recordings (1.4 GB) and transcripts with release forms; and “Unification” correspondence relating to efforts to unite the independent organization and the newer alumni organization founded by the School of Nursing.