This database contains records for alumni of two special nursing programs at the Babies Hospital: The Training School for Nursery Maids (1892-1944) and the Post-Graduate Nurses (1907-1932). Information was gathered from Annual Reports of the Babies Hospital, 1892-1942, and includes Nursery Maids graduates through 1942 and Post-Graduate participants through 1927, the last point at which graduates’ names were recorded in the annual report.
For more information about the Nursery Maids and Post-Gradate Nurses programs, click here.
Each record includes the name, date of graduation, institutional affiliation and address, to the extent it was reported by the alumna.
There is no academic information in the database and the archives does not hold student records for these nurses. There are a limited quantity of Nursery Maid class photos available in the annual reports; please contact the archives for details.
List of Hospital Affiliations:
- French Hospital (1915-1920)
- A. Barton Hepburn Training Hospital (Ogdensburg, NY, 1923-1925)
- Faxton Hospital (Utica, NY, 1923-1924)
- House of the Good Samaritan (Watertown, NY, 1923-1924)
- St. Luke’s Home and Hospital (Utica, NY, 1923-1926)
- Cortland County Hospital (Cortland, NY, 1924-1926)
- Staten Island Hospital (Tompkinsville, NY, 1924-1926)