Archive for Exhibits

Displaying 1 - 10 of 16

Written on the Skin: Classics of Dermatology from the Gift of David R. Bickers, M.D. -- A New Exhibit

2 minutes reading time

Augustus C. Long Health Sciences Library, is pleased to announce Written on the Skin: Classics of Dermatology from the Gift of David R. Bickers, M.D., an exhibit highlighting a recent important donation to the Library by Dr. Bickers, Chairman of the Department of Dermatology.

Before the Medical Center: Former Homes of the CUIMC Constituents

2 minutes reading time

The current Columbia University Irving Medical Center opened in 1928 but all its constituent members had a previous existence – some, as in the case of the Vagelos College of Physicians & Surgeons (VP&S), dating back to the 18th century.  The Health Sciences Library’s new exhibit, Before the Medical Center: Former Homes of CUIMC Constituents, displays vintage photographs of the earlier homes of these institutions including P&S, Presbyterian Hospital, Babies Hospital (now Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital), the Neurological Institute of New York, and other schools and h

The Art of Anatomy: Medical Illustration at the Medical Center, 1920-1990

2 minutes reading time

Archives & Special Collections of the A.C. Long Health Sciences Library is pleased to present a new exhibit, The Art of Anatomy: Medical Illustration at the Medical Center, 1920-1990. The show highlights the artistry and creativity of the talented illustrators employed at the Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center (now the Columbia University Irving Medical Center) during the 20th century.

“P&S” 1767-2017: 250 Years of the College of Physicians and Surgeons -- New Exhibit on Display in Hammer Building

3 minutes reading time

“P&S” 1767-2017: 250 Years of the College of Physicians and Surgeons tells the story of Columbia University’s College of Physicians and Surgeons, which opened 250 years ago this November.

Selections from the Steinhardt Instrument Collection Now on Display at the Knowledge Center

2 minutes reading time

Archives & Special Collections is pleased to announce a new exhibit, Selections from the Steinhardt Instrument Collection, now on display in the Augustus C. Long Health Sciences Library’s Knowledge Center on the lobby level of the Hammer Building.