The College of Physicians & Surgeons (now the Vagelos College of Physicians & Surgeons) moved uptown in 1837 to Crosby St. after having been located on Barclay St. near City Hall for almost a quarter century. Along with its anatomical museum and chemical apparatus, the medical school also brought its library with it to its new home. Perhaps motivated by the new surroundings, recent P&S graduate Nelson Shook, Class of 1835, agreed to undertake – for free – an inventory and reshelving of the library’s contents.
Archive for CUMC Health Sciences Library
Archives & Special Collections has received a Digital Conversion Micro-Grant from METRO, the New York Metropolitan Library Council. The grant will allow us to complete the digitization of the annual reports of six former or current health care constituents of the Columbia University Medical Center dating from 1920 to the present.